William Satariano PhD, MPH
- PH 150EAC: Introduction to Community Health and Human Development
- PH 217C: Aging and Public Health
- Cancer Rehabilitation and Survival
- Built Environment and Health Behaviors
- Mobile technology and promotion of physical activity among older adults
- Epidemiology of aging and disability
- Functional assessment
- Cancer rehabilitation and survival
- Physical activity and health in older populations
- Effects of the built environment on health and functioning
- Investigation of functional disability in older women with breast cancer
- Study of exercise capacity and physical performance in older populations
Satariano WA, Ivey SL, Kurtovich E, Kealey M, Hubbard AE, Bayles CM, Bryant LL, Hunter RH, Prohaska TR. Lower-body function, neighborhoods, and walking in older populations. Am J Prev Med 2010;38(4):419-28.
Satariano WA, Guralnik JM, Jackson RJ, Marottoli RA, Phelan EA, Prohaska TR. Mobility and aging: New directions for public health action. Am J Pub Health 2012;102(8):1508-1515.
Satariano WA. Epidemiology of Aging: An Ecological Approach. Sudbury, MA: Jones & Bartlett Publishers, 2006.
Ragland DR, Satariano WA, MacLeod KE. Driving cessation and increased depressive symptoms. Journals of Gerontology: Medical Sciences, 2005; 60(3): 399-403.
Satariano WA, MacLeod KE, Cohn TE, Ragland DR. Problems with vision associated with limitations or avoidance of driving in older populations. Journals of Gerontology: Social Sciences, 2004; 59(5): S281-286.
Satariano WA, Silliman RA. Comorbidity: Implications for research and practice in geriatric oncology. Critical Reviews in Oncology and Hematology, 2003; 48(2): 239-248.
Satariano WA, McAuley E. Promoting physical activity among older adults: From ecology to the individual. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 2003; 25 (S Suppl 2): 184-192.
Vaeth PAC, Satariano WA, Ragland DR. Limiting comorbid conditions and breast cancer stage at diagnosis. J Gerontology: Medical Sciences, 55A:M593-600, 2000.
Satariano WA. Comorbidities and cancer. Cancer in the Elderly. In: Hunter CP, Johnson KA, Muss HB (Eds.). NY: Dekker, 48:505-512, 2000.
Satariano WA, Haight TJ, Tager IB. Reasons given by older people for limitation or avoidance of leisure time physical activity. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 48:505-512, 2000.
Catalano R, Satariano WA. Unemployment and the likelihood of detecting early-stage breast cancer. American Journal of Public Health, 88: 586-589, 1998.
Satariano WA, Ragland KE, Van Den Eeden SK. Cause of death in men diagnosed with prostate carcinoma. Cancer.198;83:1180-1188.
- Berkeley Endowed Chair in Geriatrics, 2010-15
- Head, Health and Social Behavior
- Fulbright Scholar, 1998-99
- Member, Advisory Committee, Cancer Registry, Northern California Cancer Center
- Editorial Boards: Journal of Aging and Health; The Gerontologist
Profile updated: August 8, 2012