- PhD - Epidemiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- MPH - Epidemiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- BA - Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley
- PH250A: Epidemiologic Methods
- PH253B: Epidemiology and Control of Infectious Diseases
- Prevention and control of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections
- Demand creation for HIV prevention, treatment, and care programs
- Women's economic empowerment
- Multi-sectoral approaches to health
- Impact evaluation and implementation science
McCoy SI, Njau PF, Fahey C*, et al. Cash versus food assistance to improve adherence to antiretroviral therapy among HIV-infected adults in Tanzania: a randomized comparative effectiveness trial. AIDS, 2017 Mar 27
Buzdugan R, Dufour MK, McCoy SI, et al. Option A improved HIV-free infant survival and mother to child HIV transmission at 9-18 months in Zimbabwe. AIDS, 2016.
McCoy SI, Fahey C*, Buzdugan R, Mushavi A, Mahomva A, Cowan FM, Padian NS. Targeting eMTCT efforts using geospatial analysis of mother-to-child HIV transmission in Zimbabwe. AIDS, 2016 Jul 17.
McCoy SI, Njau PF, Czaicki N*, et al. Rationale and design of a randomized study of short-term food and cash assistance to improve adherence to antiretroviral therapy among food insecure HIV-infected adults in Tanzania. BMC Infect Dis. 2015 Oct 28.
Buzdugan R, McCoy SI, Webb K, et al. Facility-based delivery in the context of Zimbabwe’s HIV epidemic. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2015 Dec 17.
McCoy SI, Buzdugan R, Mushavi A, Mahomva A, Cowan FM, Padian NS. Food insecurity is a barrier to prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission services in Zimbabwe: A cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health 2015.
McCoy SI, Buzdugan R, Engelsmann B, Mushavi A, Mahomva A, Padian NS, Cowan FM. Uptake of prevention of mother to child HIV transmission (PMTCT) services among women with a recent birth in Zimbabwe. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2015.
McCoy SI, Buzdugan R, Padian NS, Engelsman B, Mushavi A, Mahomva A, Watadzaushe C, Dirawo J, Cowan F. Unmet Need for Family Planning, Contraceptive Failure, and Unintended Pregnancy Among Women Living with HIV Infection in Zimbabwe, PLOS One 2014 Aug 21.
McCoy SI, Ralph LJ*, Padian NS, Minnis AM. Are Hormonal Contraceptive Users More Likely to Misreport Unprotected Sex? Evidence From a Biomarker Validation Study in Zimbabwe. AIDS & Behavior 2014; 2014 Dec 18.
RaoA, McCoy SI. Fostering Behavior Change for Better Health. Stanford Social Innovations Review, August 17, 2015.
McCoy SI, Watts C, Padian NS. Preventing HIV infection; turning the tide for young women. Lancet; 2010.
McCoy SI, Padian NS. Biomedical Methods for Preventing the Sexual Transmission of HIV. Focus; 2010.
- Faculty Affiliate - Center for Effective Global Action (CEGA), UC Berkeley, 2012-present
- International AIDS Society
- International Society for Infectious Diseases
- California Public Health Association North
- Society for Epidemiologic Research