- PhD - Economics, New York University, 1971
- MA - Economics, Brooklyn College, 1967
- BS - Economics, Hofstra University, 1965
- Global Health Economics PH226D
- Advanced PhD seminar PH299
- Health Economics and Public Policy PH126
- The ACA and Covered California
- Competition and Regulation in Health Insurance Markets
- Accountable Care Organizations and market power
- The economics and financing of mental health in the US and Central Europe
- Pay for performance in the US and around the Globe
- Global health economics and the global shortage of healthcare workers
- Social Capital and Health
Scheffler, R.M. (Editor) World Scientific Handbook of Global Health Economics and Public Policy (3-volume set). World Scientific Series in Global Health Economics and Public Policy. (Forthcoming 2016)
Scheffler, R.M., Hinshaw, S.P. The ADHD Explosion: Myths, Medication, Money, and Today's Push for Performance. (March 2014, Oxford University Press)
Scheffler, R.M., Soucat, A (Eds.). Human Resources in Health in Africa: A New Look at the Crisis. (December 2012, The World Bank)
Scheffler, R.M. Is There a Doctor in the House? Market Signals and Tomorrow’s Supply of Doctors. Stanford, California: Stanford University Press, 2008.
Scheffler, R.M., M. Potůcĕk, eds. Mental Health Care Reform in the Czech and Slovak Republics, 1989 to the Present. Prague, Czech Republic: Charles University Press, 2008.
Scheffler, R.M. ACOs: Risks and Opportunities. Journal of Health Politics, Policy, and Law (In Review, 2014)
Sousa, A. Scheffler, R. Koyi, G., Ngah, S., Abu-Agla, A., Mckiambati, H., Nyoni, J. Health Labor Market Policies in Support of Universal Health Coverage: A Comprehensive Analysis in Four African Countries, Human Resources for Health, 12:55, (September, 2014)
Scheffler, RM., Bowers, L., Fulton, B., Connors, C., Shortell, S., Morrison, I. The Berkeley Forum Report: A New Vision for California’s Healthcare System: Integrated Care with Aligned Financial Incentives. California Journal of Politics and Policy. (June, 2014)
Scheffler, R.M., Foster, J., Covered California: The Foundation of Obamacare, Success, Challenges, and the Road Ahead. Health Affairs Blog. (March, 2014)
Scheffler, R. M., Rocco, L., Averett, S. Social Capital and Health: A Concept whose Time has Come. Eastern Economic Journal. Vol. 40. Number 2. (Spring, 2014)
Sousa, A., Scheffler R. M., Nyoni, J., Boerma, T. A comprehensive health labour market framework for universal health coverage; A comprehensive analysis in four African countries. World Health Organization Bulletin. (April, 2013)
Scheffler R.M., Bruckner T.A., Spetz J. The labour market for human resources for health in low- and middle-income countries. Human Resources for Health Observer. (July, 2012).
Hinshaw, S.P., R.M. Scheffler, B.D. Fulton, et al. International Variation in Treatment Procedures for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: Social Context and Recent Trends. Psychiatric Services (May 2011).
- Chair, Task force on Private Insurance- World Bank
- International Health Economics Association- iHEA