- BS - Nutritional Sciences, University of Washington
- MPH - Public Health Nutrition, University of California, Berkeley
- RD - University of California, Berkeley
- DrPH - Public Health Nutrition, University of California, Berkeley
- PH 206B: Food and Nutrition Policies and Programs
- Nutrition policy
- Epidemiology of pediatric overweight, with a focus on disparities
- Dietary determinants of overweight
- Community nutrition programs and policies
- School nutrition interventions and policy
- Federal nutrition programs
Ritchie LD, Sharma S, Gildengorin G, Yoshida S, Braff-Guajardo E, Crawford P. Policy improves what beverages are served to young children in childcare. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014 Sep 11. pii: S2212-2672(14)01144-7. doi: 10.1016/j.jand.2014.07.019. [Epub ahead of print]
Woodward-Lopez G, Kao J, Kiesel K, Miller ML, Boyle M, Drago-Ferguson S, Braff-Guajardo E, Crawford PB. Is Scratch-cooking a cost-effective way to prepare healthy school meals with US Department of Agriculture Foods? J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014 Jul;S2212-2672(14):00498-5. doi: 10.1016/j.jand.2014.05.002.
Crawford PB, Woodward-Lopez G, Gosliner W, Webb KL. Lessons of Fresh Start can guide schools seeking to boost student fruit consumption. California Agriculture. 2013;67(1):21-29.
Crawford PB, Gosliner W. State-level policies can help reduce consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages in schools. J Pediatr. 2012 Sep;161(3):566-7.
Committee Authorship, IOM Committee on Accelerating Progress in Obesity Prevention book, "Accelerating Progress in Obesity Prevention: Solving the Weight of the Nation," IOM 2012.
Crawford P, Hinson J, Madsen KA, Neumark-Sztainer D, Nihiser AJ. An Update on the Use and Value of School BMI Screenings, Surveillance, and Reporting: A roundtable discussion. Moderator. Childhood Obesity. 2011;7(6):441-449.
Crawford PB, Gosliner W, Kayman H. The ethical basis for promoting nutritional health in public schools in the United States. Prev Chronic Dis. 2011 Sep;8(5):A98.
Webb KL, Solomon LS, Sanders J, Akiyama C, Crawford PB. Menu Labeling Responsive to Consumer Concerns and Shows Promise for Changing Patron Purchases. Journal of Hunger & Environmental Nutrition. 2011;6(2):166-178.
Crawford PB, Webb KL. Unraveling the paradox of concurrent food insecurity and obesity. Am J Prev Med. 2011 Feb;40(2):274-5.