- PH 213A: Family Planning Population change and Health
- PH 212A: International Maternal and Child Health
- PH 212E: The role of the private sector in health care in developing countries
- PH 181: Poverty and Population
- HMS 298: UCB-UCSF Joint Medical Program (JMP) Thesis Seminar
- Access and financing of reproductive health, family planning and maternal health services in developing countries
- The role of private sector
- Adolescent reproductive health services in developing countries
- Maternal mortality in resource-scarce settings: measurement; what works; how to prioritize interventions; task shifting and sharing current projects
- Estimating maternal mortality using community-based approaches
- The use of misoprostol to manage postpartum hemorrhage and treatment of incomplete abortion in developing countries
- Health care delivery systems that serve the poor
- Provision of long term contraceptive methods by community-based distribution of contraceptives
- Cost-effectiveness in family planning, comprehensive abortion care and maternal health interventions
Design, implementation and evaluation of maternal health interventions that make the best use of existing health care infrastructure and maximizes human resources in developing countries.
- Distribution and financing mechanisms to improve access to family planning
Prata N, Weidert K, Fraser A, Gessessew A. Meeting Rural Demand: A Case for Combining Community-Based Distribution and Social Marketing of Injectable Contraceptives in Tigray, Ethiopia. PLoS One. 2013; 8(7): e68794.
Prata N, Passano P, Bell S, Rowen T, Potts M. New hope: community-based misoprostol use to prevent postpartum haemorrhage. Health Policy Plan. 2013; 28(4): 339-46.
Prata N, Bell S, Gessessew A. Comprehensive abortion care: evidence of improvements in hospital-level indicators in Tigray, Ethiopia. BMJ Open. 2013; 3(7).
Prata N, Ejembi C, Fraser A, Shittu O, Minkler M. Community mobilization to reduce postpartum hemorrhage in home births in northern Nigeria. Soc Sci Med. 2012; 74(8): 1288-96.
Prata N, Sreenivas A, Greig F, Walsh J, Potts M. Setting priorities for safe motherhood interventions in resource-scarce settings. Health Policy. 2010; 94(1): 1-13.
Prata N, Passano P, Sreenivas A, Gerdts CE. Maternal mortality in developing countries: challenges in scaling-up priority interventions. Women's Health. 2010; 6(2): 311-27.
Prata N. Making family planning accessible in resource-poor settings. Philos Trans R Soc B-Biol Sci. 2009; 364(1532): 3093-9.
Prata N, Vahidnia F, Potts M, Dries-Daffner I. Revisiting community-based distribution programs: are they still needed? Contraception. 2005; 72(6): 402-7.
Prata N, Montagu D, Jefferys E. Private sector, human resources and health franchising in Africa. Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 2005; 83(4): 274-9.