- BA - Haverford College
- MD - University of Massachusetts
- MPH - University of California, Berkeley
- Green chemistry and chemicals policy, including the intersection between European Union regulations and policy development in California.
- The production, use, and disposal of chemicals and products and their implications for human health and the environment.
- Clinical practice and instruction in family medicine and reproductive health.
Schwarzman M, Ackerman, J, Dairkee S, Fenton S, Johnson D, Navarro K, Osborne G, Rudel R, Solomon G, Zeis L, Janssen S. 2015. Screening for Chemical Contributions to Breast Cancer Risk: A Case Study for Chemical Safety Evaluation. Environ Health Persp. 123:1255-1264.
Scruggs C, Ortolano L, Wilson M, Schwarzman M. 2015. The Effect of Company Size on Potential for REACH Compliance and Selection of Safer Chemicals. Environ Science and Policy. 45:79-91.
Osborne G, Janssen S, Rudel R, Schwarzman M. 2014. Evaluating Chemical Effects on Mammary Gland Development: An Opportunity for Disease Prevention. Repro. Toxicology
Scruggs C, Ortolano L, Schwarzman M, Wilson M. 2014. The Role of Chemical Policy in Improving Supply Chain Knowledge and Product Safety. Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences 4(2) 132-141.
Wilson M, Schwarzman MR. 2015. International Chemicals Policy, Health, and Human Rights, in Current Diagnosis and Treatment: Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 5th Edition. Ladou and Harrison, Eds. Lange Publishing, New York.
Schwarzman MR. 2015. A New Chemical Economy, Review of Chemicals Without Harm by Ken Geiser, MIT Press 2015. In Science 349:1175. Doi: 10.1126/science.aac9931
Schwarzman M, and Janssen S. Pathways to Breast Cancer: A Case Study for Innovation in Chemical Safety Evaluation. Regents of the University of California. July, 2010. coeh.berkeley.edu/greenchemistry/cbcrp.htm
- 2009-present - California Environmental Protection Agency Department of Toxic Substances Control Green Chemistry Initiative Green Ribbon Panel (appointed member)
- 2014-present – Biomonitoring California Scientific Guidance Council (appointed by Speaker of the Assembly)
- American Board of Family Medicine, Diplomat, 2004, recertified 2014
- International Society for Children’s Health & Environment