- Fellowship - Harold Amos Scholar, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Fellowship - Infectious disease medical microbiology, Stanford University
- MD - University of California, San Francisco
- BA - Philosophy, Stanford University, California
- Mechanisms of drug resistance in Gram-negative bacteria
- Molecular epidemiology of tuberculosis and drug-resistant Gram-negative bacterial infections
- Rapid diagnostic test development for drug-resistant Gram-negative bacterial infections
- Tuberculosis biomarker test development and validation
- Field epidemiology and global health research focused on diseases of urban slums
- Global Health Equity Scholars Fellowship Program: A NIH/Fogarty International Center-funded project to train US postdoctoral fellows and advanced PhD students to go abroad do research related to slum health.
- NIH-funded project on new diagnostic test development for drug-resistant Gram negative bacterial infections.
- CDC-funded project on molecular epidemiology of community-acquired urinary tract infections.
Adams-Sapper S, Gayoso A, Riley LW. Stress-Adaptive Responses Associated with High-Level Carbapenem Resistance in KPC-Producing Klebsiella pneumoniae. J Pathog. 2018; 19:3028290.
Yamaji R, Rubin J, Thys E, Friedman CR, Riley LW. Persistent Pandemic Lineages of Uropathogenic Escherichia coli in a College Community from 1999 to 2017. J Clin Microbiol. 2018;56(4).
Tarlton NJ, Satoorian TS, Panchal A, Borges CA, Geisberg M, Riley LW. Monoclonal antibody-mediated detection of CTX-M β-lactamases in Gram-negative bacteria. J Microbiol Methods. 2018;144:37-43.
Stephens CM, Adams-Sapper S, Sekhon M, Johnson JR, Riley LW. Genomic Analysis of Factors Associated with Low Prevalence of Antibiotic Resistance in Extraintestinal Pathogenic Escherichia coli Sequence Type 95 Strains. mSphere. 2017;2(2). pii: e00390-16.
Snyder RE, Boone CE, Cardoso CA, Aguiar-Alves F, Neves FP, Riley LW. Zika: A scourge in urban slums. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11(3):e0005287.
Schump MD, Fox DM, Bertozzi CR, Riley LW. Subcellular Partitioning and Intramacrophage Selectivity of Antimicrobial Compounds against Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017;61(3). pii: e01639-16.
Francis SS, Plucinski MM, Wallace AD, Riley LW. Genotyping Oral Commensal Bacteria to Predict Social Contact and Structure. PLoS One. 2016;11(9):e0160201.
Book: Corburn, J and Riley LW. Slum health: from the cell to the street. University of California Press, 2016: 315p.