- Fellowship - Harold Amos Scholar, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Fellowship - Infectious disease medical microbiology, Stanford University
- MD - University of California, San Francisco
- BA - Philosophy, Stanford University, California
- Pathogenesis of mycobacterial and enteric pathogens
- Molecular epidemiology of tuberculosis and drug-resistant gram-negative bacterial infections
- Field epidemiology and international health, focused on slum health
Global Health Equity Scholars Fellowship Program: A new NIH/Fogarty International Center-funded project to train US postdoctoral fellows and advanced PhD students to go abroad for 9-11 months to do research related to slum health.
Marjanovic O, Iavarone AT, Riley LW. Sulfolipid accumulation in Mycobacterium tuberculosis disrupted in the mce2 operon. J Microbiol. 2011;49(3):441-7.
Miyata, T, Cheigh CI, Casali N, Goodridge A, Marjanovic O, Kendall LV, Riley LW. An adjunctive therapeutic vaccine against reactivation and post-treatment relapse tuberculosis. Vaccine; 2012;30:459-465.
Cheigh CI, Senaratne R, Uchida Y, Casali Y, Kendall LV, Riley LV. Post-treatment reactivation tuberculosis in mice caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis disrupted in mce1R. J Infect Dis 2010; 202(5):752-9.
Tartof SY, Farrimond F, de Matos JA, Reis JN, Ramos RT, Andrade AN, Dos Reis MG, Riley LW. Inverse association between Lancefield group G Streptococcus colonization and sore throat in slum and non-slum settings in Brazil. J Clin Microbiol. 2010 49(1):409-12. Pubmed
Tartof SY, Reis JN, Andrade AN, Ramos RT, Reis MG, Riley LW. Factors associated with Group A Streptococcus emm type diversification in a large urban setting in Brazil: a cross-sectional study. BMC Infect Dis. 2010 Nov 11;10:327. Pubmed
Raphael E, Wong LK, Riley LW. Extended-spectrum Beta-lactamase gene sequences in gram-negative saprophytes on retail organic and nonorganic spinach. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011;77:1601-7. Pubmed