- PhD - Health Policy/Medical Sociology, Harvard University
- MPH - Health Policy and Administration, University of California, Berkeley
- BA - Urban Studies and Planning, Minor in Chemistry, University of California, San Diego
- PH W224: Health Care Organizations and Management (online, Fall)
- PH 224D: Organizational Analysis of the Health Sector (Fall)
- PH 98/198: Seminar: Chicanos/Latinos in Health Education (Fall)
- Organizational influences on the quality of ambulatory care
- Interprofessional primary care team approaches
- Continuity of care
- Public health systems research
- Health care disparities
- Implementation and dissemination research
- Performance measurement and improvement
Demonstrating Methods to Integrate Clinical Care and Social Services Under Value-Based Payment
Patrick and Catherine Weldon Donaghue Medical Research Foundation
Accelerating the Use of Evidence-based Innovations in Healthcare Systems
2015-current, site Principal Investigator
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
State Innovation Model Initiative Impacts on Diabetes Prevention and Management
2015-current, Principal Investigator
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention / National Institute for Diabetes, Digestive, and Kidney Diseases
The Comparative Impact of Patient Activation and Engagement on Improving Patient-Centered Outcomes of Care in Accountable Care Organizations
Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute
Rodriguez HP, Henke RM, Bibi S, Ramsay P, Shortell SM. The exnovation of chronic care management processes by physician organizations. Milbank Quarterly; 2016. Sep; 94(3): 626-53.
Rodriguez HP, Chen X, Martinez AE, Friedberg MW. Availability of primary care team members can improve teamwork and readiness for change. Health Care Management Review. 2016. Oct-Dec; 41(4): 286-95.
Rodriguez HP, Knox M, Hurley V, Rittenhouse DR, Shortell SM. The use of enhanced appointment access strategies by medical practices. Medical Care. 2016. Jun;54(6):632-8.
Rodriguez HP, McClellan SR, Bibi S, Casalino LP, Ramsay P, Shortell SM. Increased use of care management processes and expanded health information technology by practice ownership and Medicaid revenue. Medical Care Research and Review. 2016. Jun;73(3):308-28.
Rodriguez HP, Meredith LS, Hamilton AB, Yano EM, Rubenstein LV. Huddle up!: the adoption and use of structured team communication for VA medical home implementation. Health Care Management Review. 2015 Oct-Dec;40(4):286-99.
Rodriguez HP, Giannitrapani KF, Stockdale S, Hamilton AH, Yano EM, Rubenstein LV. Teamlet structure and early experiences of medical home implementation for Veterans. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2014 Jul;29(2 Supl): 623-631.
Rodriguez HP, Glenn BA, Olmos T, Krist AH, Shimada SL, Kessler R, Heurtin-Roberts S, Bastani R. Real-world implementation and outcomes of health behavior and mental health assessment. Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine. 2014 May-Jun;27(3):356-66.
Rodriguez HP, Ivey SL, Raffetto B, Vaughn J, Knox M, Hanley HR, Mangione CM, Shortell SM. As good as it gets?: Managing risks of cardiovascular disease in top performing physician organizations. Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety. 2014 Apr;40(4):148-158.
Rodriguez HP, Chen J, Owusu-Edusei K, Suh A, Bekemeier B. Local public health systems and the incidence of sexually transmitted diseases. American Journal of Public Health. 2012 Sep; 102(9):1773-1781.
Rodriguez HP, Perry L, Conrad DA, Maynard C, Martin DP, Grembowski D. The reliability of medical group performance in a single insurer’s pay for performance program. Medical Care 2012 Feb;50(2):117-23.
Rodriguez HP and Crane PK. Examining multiple sources of differential item functioning on the Clinician and Group CAHPS survey. Health Services Research. 2011 Dec;46(6pt1):1778-802.
Rodriguez HP, Chen J, Rodriguez MA. A national study of problematic care experiences among Latinos with diabetes. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved 2010 Nov; 21(4):1152-68.
Rodriguez HP, von Glahn T, Elliott MN, Rogers WH, Safran DG. The effect of performance-based financial incentives on improving patient care experiences: A statewide evaluation. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2009; 24(12): 1281-1288.
Rodriguez HP, Scoggins JF, von Glahn T, Zaslavsky AM, Safran DG. Attributing sources of variation in patients’ experiences of ambulatory care. Medical Care. 2009; 47(8):835-841.
Rodriguez HP, von Glahn T, Rogers WH, Safran DG. Organizational and market influences on physician performance on patient experience measures. Health Services Research. 2009; 44(3): 880-901.
Rodriguez HP, von Glahn T, Grembowski DE, Rogers WH, Safran DG. Physician effects on racial and ethnic disparities in patients' experiences of primary care. Journal of General Internal Medicine. Oct 2008;23(10):1666-1672.
Rodriguez HP, von Glahn T, Chang H, Rogers WH, Safran DG. Patient samples for measuring primary care physician performance: Who should be included? Medical Care. 2007; 45 (10):989-996.
Rodriguez HP, Rogers WH, Marshall RE, Safran DG. The effects of primary care physician visit continuity on patients' experiences with care. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2007; 22(6):787-793.
Rodriguez HP, Wilson IB, Landon BE, Marsden PV, Cleary PD. Voluntary physician switching by Human Immunodeficiency Virus-infected individuals: A national study of patient, physician, and organizational factors. Medical Care. 2007; 45(3):189-198.
Rodriguez HP, Rogers WH, Marshall RE, Safran DG. Multidisciplinary primary care teams: effects on the quality of clinician-patient interactions and organizational features of care. Medical Care. 2007; 45(1):19-27.
- Board member, American Medical Group Association Foundation, 2016-present
- Board member, HealthCare Partners Institute for Applied Research and Education, 2010-present
- Member, Education Council, AcademyHealth, 2015-present
- Scientific advisor, California Right Care Initiative, 2011-present
- Advisor, Payment Reform Evaluation Project, University of Washington, 2013-2016
- Advisor, Reducing Cardiovascular Health Care Disparities, Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG), 2013-2015
- Scientific advisor, American Medical Group Foundation, 2012-2015
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Technical Advisory Committee on Systems and Services Research, 2015
- Board member, Entre Hermanos, Seattle, WA, 2007-09