- HMS 202 A: Clinical Skills
- HMS 200 B and C: Medical Curriculum
- HMS 210: Readers' Theater
- HMS 211: Narrative and Medicine
- HMS 215: The Interdisciplinary Team: Improving the Care of Our Elders
- HMS 240: The Death Course
- HMS 200: Independent Study
- Aging/old age
- The interface of medicine and the humanities
- Medical ethics
- The doctor-patient relationship
Geriatric community-based experiential learning project bringing students into contact with elders in retirement communities to better understand aging in our time and culture. Dr. Micco is also a part-time hospice/palliative care physician.
Micco, Guy, Villars, Pilar, and Smith, Alex. The Death of Ivan Ilyich and pain relief at the end of life, The Lancet. 2009. 34:872-3.
Zier LS, Burack JH, Micco G, Chipman AK, Frank JA, White DB. Surrogate decision makers' responses to physicians' predictions of medical futility. Chest 2009. 136(1):110-7.
Micco, Guy. Listening to the Story of Medicine. Review of Narrative Medicine: Honoring the Stories of Illness by Rita Charon. The Lancet 2007. 370:1203-1204