- PhD - Developmental Biology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- MS - Endocrinology Reproductive Physiology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- BS - Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Fetal growth and development
- Prenatal programming of metabolic and reproductive disorders
- Neuroendocrine regulation of reproductive behavior and fertility
Abbott DH, Bruns CR, Barnett DK, Dunaif A, Dumesic DA, Tarantal AF (2010) Experimentally-induced gestational androgen excess disrupts glucoregulation and stimulates growth in fetal and neonatal female rhesus monkeys. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 95:2038-2049
Dumesic DA, Patankar MS, Barnett DK, Lesnick TG, Hutcherson BA, Abbott DH. (2009) Early prenatal androgenization results in diminished ovarian reserve in adult female rhesus monkeys. Hum Reprod, 2009.
Abbott DH, Barnett DK, Levine JE, Padmanabhan V, Dumesic DA, Jacoris S, Tarantal AF. (2008) Endocrine antecedents of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) in fetal and infant prenatally androgenized female rhesus monkeys. Biol Reprod, Jul; 79(1):154-63.
Barnett DK, Bunnell, TM, Millar RP and Abbott DH. (2006) Gonadotropin-releasing hormone II stimulates female sexual behavior in marmoset monkeys. Endocrinol, 147(1):615-23.