- PhD - Environmental Health Science, University of California, Berkeley
- MA - Community Health, City University of New York
- BS - Microbiology, University of Michigan
- PH150B/270: Introduction to Environmental Health Sciences (Fall)
- PH196/PH290.1: Drinking Water and Health (Spring)
- PH198: Health and Poverty, Global Brigades - Honduras (Fall/Spring)
- PH220C: Introduction to Environmental Health Science (Breadth) (Fall 2013)
- ESPM167/PH 160 Environmental Health and Development (Spring 2014)
- Impact assessment and evaluation of rural water systems and public health programs in rural Central American communities
- Microbial ecology of waterborne pathogens
- Bacterial endosymbionts of free-living protozoa
Smith C.D., Ashbolt N.J. The Fate of Helicobacter pylori Phagocytized by Acanthamoeba Polyphaga Demonstrated by Fluorescent in situ Hybridization and quantitative PCR, Current Microbiology, DOI: 10.1007/s00284-012-0232-2. In press
Smith, C.D., Berk S.G., Brandl M.T., Riley L.W., Survival Characteristics of Diarrheagenic Escherichia coli Pathotypes and Helicobacter pylori During Passage through the Free-living Ciliate, Tetrahymena sp. FEMS Microbiology Ecology, DOI: 10.1111/j.1574-6941.2012.01428.x. In press
Drinking Water Distribution Systems: Assessing and Reducing Risks. National Academy of Sciences, Washington DC, 2006.
Fundamentals and Control of Nitrification in Chloraminated Drinking Water Distribution Systems. Manual of Water Supply Practices M56. American Water Works Association, Denver, 2006.
Smith, C.D. (ed): Drinking Water Distribution System Self-assessment Workbook. American Water Works Association, Denver, (2005).
Monitoring Ammonia-Oxidizing Bacteria in Chloraminated Distribution Systems. AWWARF, Denver, (2004).
Grayman,W.M., Rossman, L.A.; Deininger, Smith C.D.; Arnold C; Smith, J.F.; Mixing and Aging of Water in Distribution System Storage Facilities; JAWWA, (2004).
Hatcher, M.; Grayman, W.M, Smith C.D., Mann, M.A. Monitoring and Modeling of the Sweetwater Authority Distribution System to Assess Water Quality. Proceedings, AWWA ACE, (2004).
- Expert Panel: Water Research Foundation, Distribution System Strategic Initiative
- Co-Principal Investigator: Water Research Foundation, A Rapid Method for the Enumeration of Ammonia Oxidizing Bacteria as an Early Warning for Nitrification
- Co-Principal Investigator: Water Research Foundation, Water Quality Modeling of Treated Water Storage Facilities
- Committee member: National Academy of Sciences, addressing risk-assessment of post-treatment water contamination
- 2001 Golden Spigot Award
Profile Updated: January 28, 2014