Public health degree programs prepare students for a variety of careers as academics, researchers, administrators, policy analysts, regulators, educators, program planners, evaluators, epidemiologists, biostatisticians, environmental health specialists, and biotechnical specialists in government and non-government health agencies and organizations, as well as educational settings.
For graduate students, we offer three academic degrees, two professional degrees in eight concentrations and three programmatic configurations, five concurrent degrees with other campus departments, and an Online MPH degree program. For undergraduate students, we offer an undergraduate degree in public health. See specific application instructions below.
Application Dates and Deadlines
Application deadlines for our on-campus graduate programs have passed. Applications for Fall 2018 will open August 17, 2017.
Priority Deadline: December 1st
- Students who apply by the priority deadline will be given the highest priority for admissions and consideration for scholarships and assistantships. This is the recommended deadline for applicants.
Secondary Deadline: March 1st
- We are accepting a second round of applications only for select programs (listed below). The deadline to apply is March 1, 2018. After the priority deadline review period, in the event that these programs are not full, applications will be accepted until March 1, 2018 for the following MPH concentrations only:
- Environmental Health Sciences 2-Year MPH
- Epidemiology 1-Year MPH
- Epidemiology/Biostatistics 2-Year MPH
- Global Health & Environment 2-Year MPH
- Infectious Diseases & Vaccinology 2-Year MPH
- Interdisciplinary 1-Year MPH
- Maternal & Child Health 2-Year MPH
- Maternal & Child Health 1-Year MPH
- Public Health Nutrition 2-Year MPH
- Public Health Nutrition 1-Year MPH
- If your program of interest is not on the above list, it is not eligible for a secondary deadline.
Our Online MPH degree program is now accepting applications for Spring 2018. For more information and to apply, please see the Online MPH website.
For applications to the undergraduate major, please see the How to Apply page in the undergraduate section of our website.
Be sure to thoroughly review the Application Requirements page.
Application Fee Waivers
There is a specific set of instructions on how to apply depending on which type of applicant you are. You will find detailed admissions instructions for each below.